What To Do After A Car Accident?
At Venus Poe, Attorney at Law, we have extensive experience handling car accident injury claims for clients in Greenville and Fountain Inn and throughout surrounding areas. We want the best for our clients and will do everything in our power to help them obtain full and fair compensation for the losses they have suffered.
Many people are confused about what to do after a car accident. While every situation is different, here are a few commonsense tips to keep in mind if you should find yourself in this unfortunate position.
- Get out of harm’s way: Remove yourself and others from hazards to the greatest possible extent. Leave your car where it is unless it poses a risk to you or others.
- Call 911: This is especially important if someone was injured. Also, police must be notified of an accident so they can make an official report and secure the area.
- Gather information from the accident scene: If possible, take photos of the position of the vehicles, damage to the vehicles, skid marks, road conditions and other pertinent items. If there were eyewitnesses to the accident, try to get their contact information. Evidence gathered soon after the accident can have a significant impact on future legal proceedings.
- Get medical attention: If you were injured, it is of paramount importance that you get treated as soon as possible. This is important for your well-being, of course, but also establishes medical documentation for a potential personal injury claim.
- Talk with a personal injury lawyer: If you were injured, it is very important that you talk with your own attorney before making statements to other parties, such as an insurance company. Your attorney has your interests in mind, while the insurance company will be focused on limiting or denying your claim.
Talk With An Experienced Lawyer In A Free Legal Consultation
You don’t have to face this legal matter alone. Attorney Venus Poe has a proven record of success obtaining great results for her clients and is here to help you. To arrange your free initial consultation with an experienced car accident attorney, please contact us online or by telephone at 864-963-0310.