An Experienced Lawyer Helping Truck Accident Victims
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, in 2012, there were nearly 4,000 people killed and 104,000 people injured in automobile accidents involving large commercial trucks.
Car accidents involving tractor-trailers can be complicated, and you need someone by your side who can help you navigate these complexities. At Venus Poe, Attorney at Law, we are highly experienced in handling the special aspects that come with interstate trucking. Often, the driver or company may be operating regardless of regulation violations. You need an attorney experienced in the thorough investigation to uncover and discover every fact and angle of your case.
What Caused Your Accident?
The most commonly cited reasons for accidents involving tractor-trailers are:
- Driver fatigue: Estimates from the National Transportation Safety Board indicate that driver fatigue may be responsible for close to half of all tractor-trailer accidents in the U.S. Drivers often are forced to spend many hours on the road to meet delivery deadlines. To help combat this issue, new hours-of-service regulations were put into place in 2013, mandating a break within the first eight hours of driving for long-haul drivers and reducing the average weekly hours from 82 to 70 hours per week. Some rigs even have fatigue warning devices for drivers; however, not all trucking companies have implemented this technology.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are under a tremendous amount of pressure to get to their destinations by a certain deadline, which can often translate to driving at excessive, and often reckless, speeds.
- Drug and alcohol use: The use of prescription drugs and alcohol is dangerous for anyone behind the wheel. Some studies indicate that substance abuse is one of the leading causes of truck accidents.
- Weight, cargo and load issues: There are very specific regulations in the trucking industry for weight limits and how trucks should be loaded. Trucks that are overloaded or improperly loaded may be more susceptible to tire blowouts, brake failures, rollovers and jackknifing.
The Consequences Are Harsh
Here are some of the most common struggles we see our clients face who have been injured in a trucking accident:
- Mounting doctor and hospital bills
- Extensive physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Scars and permanent disabilities
- Vehicle damage
- Insurance run-around
- Extensive medical forms and paperwork to fill
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
Help Is Available. Call Today For A Free Consultation.
Don’t wait to get help. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you. Call 864-963-0310 or use our online contact form. The call is free and confidential.
The Right Law Firm For Your Truck Accident Claim
We understand what you are going through. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen and care. We meet personally with each new client to understand their situation and formulate a plan to help them move forward. Respect and compassion are what you can expect at each step of the way from our firm.
We can take the weight off your shoulders by dealing with your medical bills and insurance adjusters for you. We can help make sure you get the medical care you need by cutting through the insurance red tape. We will tend to the details so that you can concentrate on getting better.
We understand insurance law. Dealing with insurance companies is no fun. We know how the insurance companies work and can use our knowledge to take that burden off you. You need someone who knows the law and can advocate your rights and interests. We are here to fight for you.
We are ready to meet with you personally and evaluate your claim at no cost to you. You will personally meet with a lawyer on your initial visit. There is no charge to talk with us about your case, and no obligation to choose us if you wish to pursue other options.
You May Also Be Interested In: