Can I get Mileage for my Travel to and From the Doctor for my Workers’ Compensation Claim?

by | Aug 31, 2015 | Firm News, Workers Compensation

If you are injured on the job in South Carolina, your employer is responsible for your mileage to and from the doctor and pharmacy if the trip is more than 10 miles round trip from your home. Sometimes if you need to see a specialist, the specialist can be out of town. You should be reimbursed for the round trip mileage at the rate allowed state employees for mileage. The following rates would apply depending on when you incurred the mileage:

Effective January 1, 2015 57.5 cents per mile

Effective January 1, 2014 56 cents per mile

Effective January 1, 2013  56.5 cents per mile

Effective July 1, 2012 55.5 cents per mile

Many times clients think that the mileage will not add up to much so they are reluctant to keep track of it. Even if you are just going to physical therapy 7 miles from your home. In one month’s time that mileage can add up to over $100. This does not include the trips to the specialist or the pharmacy. We require our clients log their miles to and from the doctor and pharmacy to insure that you get all the compensation that is due to you. We have mileage forms to make it easy for you and deal with the insurance adjuster to make sure that the mileage is paid in a timely manner.

If you have a questions about your rights in your workers’ compensation case, please contact Venus Poe at (864) 963-0310 or fill out this online form and someone will contact you. Our consultation is always free and confidential.

Skip to content