What Does Workers’ Compensation Pay For in South Carolina?

by | Sep 28, 2015 | Workers Compensation

The Basics

There are three main parts to any workers’ compensation claim.

First, if you are injured at work, your employer must pay for your medical care until, at least, your doctor places you at maximum medical improvement.

Second, your employer must pay you for your loss time while your doctor has written you out of work. How much your employer pays you is determined by your average weekly wage for the four quarters before the quarter in which you were injured.

Finally, after you have reached maximum medical improvement, your employer must pay you for any permanent disability you have suffered as a result of your on-the-job accident. How your permanent disability is determined is unique to each case.

There are other incidentals that your employer and their insurance carrier are obligated to pay during your claim such as mileage, but those listed above are the major parts to your claim. How much you are being paid for your time out of work and how much you are paid at the end of your claim are areas where a lawyer can be very helpful to make sure you are getting everything that you are entitled to under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act. You may also have questions about your medical care and the possibility of a second opinion. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help you answer those questions. If you have questions about your workers’ compensation or any other questions about your legal rights, please contact Venus Poe today at 864-963-0310 or click here to fill out an online case evaluation form. We have offices in Greenville, South Carolina and Fountain Inn, South Carolina to better serve you. There is no obligation or charge for our initial consultation to see if we can help you with your workers’ compensation claim.

Skip to content