When does my employer have to pay me for loss time under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act?

by | Jan 19, 2018 | Workers Compensation

If you are injured on the job and are written out of work by your doctor, your employer must start paying you for your loss time from work on your eight missed day. In other words, if you are out of work for more than seven days, payments will come from your employer’s insurance representative. If you are out of work for more than 14 days, you will receive compensation even for the first seven days. You can expect payments to be made directly to you and these should continue until the doctor releases you to return to work.

These missed days count even if they are not consecutive. As an example, if you miss five days when you are first injured but then have surgery a year later for the same injury, your days continue to accumulate. So after only missing three days following the surgery you begin your paid time.

Your weekly check from the workers’ compensation carrier should be .6667 or your average weekly wage from the four quarters before the quarter in which you were injured.

If you have questions about your workers’ compensation or any other questions about your legal rights, please contact Venus Poe today at 864-963-0310 or click here to fill out an online case evaluation form. We have offices in Greenville, South Carolina and Fountain Inn, South Carolina to better serve you. There is no obligation or charge for our initial consultation to see if we can help you with your workers’ compensation case.

Skip to content